Commonwealth Games Federation President Michael Fennell on Tuesday asked the Indian government to take immediate steps to fix the condition of Games Village’s residential zone, which according to him, has “shocked” many contingents.Commonwealth Games Federation President Michael Fennell.With just 12 days to go for the sporting extravaganza, the CGF chief has expressed doubts over the state of what he called a “seriously compromised” Games Village.In a statement, Fennell said he had written to the Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrashekar and requested him to take urgent steps before the first batch of athletes arrive on Thursday.”The final preparations for the Commonwealth Games Village have been of concern to the CGF since viewing the residential zone along with a number of Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs) advance parties on September 15,” the CGF President said.
Is James Murphy “Done” Producing For Good? james-murphy-advice-david-bowie-being-done-producing Facebook James Murphy On Advice From David Bowie, Being “Done” With Producing Twitter News Email The GRAMMY-nominated singer/songwriter, producer, and LCD Soundsystem bandleader hints he might be hanging up his production spurs in new interviewBrian HaackGRAMMYs Aug 31, 2017 – 5:00 pm James Murphy’s production and engineering portfolio is quietly impressive.Outside of his thrice GRAMMY-nominated work with his band LCD Soundsystem, for which he is the frontman and chief songwriter, Murphy has contributed tracks and helped produce full albums for many of the bigger names in the alternative, indie, and dance-pop scenes.When building his first studio, he sought advice from former boss and mentor Steve Albini. He worked on a track with the Gorillaz and André 3000 in 2012. In 2013 he produced a song with Yeah Yeah Yeahs, with whom he also shared a well-documented misspent youth in New York City around the turn of the millennium, for their fourth studio album Mosquito.He produced the lion’s share of songs on Arcade Fire’s Best Alternative Music Album GRAMMY-nominated Reflektor, and played drums on two songs from David Bowie’s Best Alternative Music Album and Best Engineered Album GRAMMY-winning Blackstar.During the Blackstar sessions, Murphy sat in a room with GRAMMY-winning producer Tony Visconti and GRAMMY-nominated bandleader Donny McCaslin and casually suggested Bowie should consider using a different chord progression on an undisclosed song from the album (advice which Bowie actually took when recording).Yet, in the face of his impressive catalogue, he told Guardian that the lessons he’s gained from reviving LCD Soundsystem after a 5-year hiatus have left him with the sense that he may forgo producing altogether.Murphy describes himself as a series of contradictions that amount to a controlling nature that’s at odds with a hypersensitivity to people’s feelings. He indicates that his short-lived presence at Bowie’s Blackstar sessions – where he’d been initially brought in as a potential co-producer with Visconti – became a moment where he recognized his nature might be incompatible with the requirements of a producer role. “I feel like I’d possibly been brought in to play some kind of Brian Eno role and that is so far from what I am,” he explains. “I’m not being inflexible, I’m not being stubborn, it’s just not there. I can’t produce. I think I’m done producing. I can’t do it.”Longtime fans surely know that Murphy’s neuroses and idiosyncrasies tend to drive him to create his best work, so it’s certain that his assertion that he’s “done” producing must be taken with at least a medium-sized grain of salt.Interestingly enough, the specific advice he got from Bowie that prompted him to put his doubts aside and revive LCD Soundsystem is likely the biggest indication that Murphy’s production career is not yet over: “I was talking about getting the band back together. [Bowie] said, ‘Does it make you uncomfortable?’ I said ‘Yeah’, and he said, ‘Good – it should. You should be uncomfortable.'”Read More: Explore The Strokes’ First Years In New Rock BookRead more
23 Photos Now playing: Watch this: Anne McClain during a spacewalk on the ISS on March 22. NASA Excitement turned to disappointment this week when NASA announced it had to shuffle astronaut assignments, scrubbing what would have been the first all-female spacewalk in history. The reason: There wouldn’t be enough medium-sized spacesuit torsos available in time for the Friday event.NASA astronaut Anne McClain, who just completed her first spacewalk at the International Space Station on March 22, spoke out in defense of the decision on Wednesday, saying it was based on her recommendation. “Leaders must make tough calls, and I am fortunate to work with a team who trusts my judgement. We must never accept a risk that can instead be mitigated,” McClain tweeted. “Safety of the crew and execution of the mission come first.” This decision was based on my recommendation. Leaders must make tough calls, and I am fortunate to work with a team who trusts my judgement. We must never accept a risk that can instead be mitigated. Safety of the crew and execution of the mission come first. https://t.co/VU9QNaHHlK— Anne McClain (@AstroAnnimal) March 27, 2019 NASA Space NASA’s wildest rides: Extreme vehicles for Earth and beyond SpaceX: Watch Crew Dragon capsule dock at ISS for the… Comment Tags 1 NASA astronaut Christina Koch and McClain were originally slated to head out into the vacuum of space together to continue work on a project to upgrade the batteries for the station’s solar power system. Now Koch and NASA’s Nick Hague are set to share work duties outside the ISS on Friday.McClain made the call after her first spacewalk when she decided she would be more comfortable in a medium suit rather than a large. It takes time to properly prep a spacesuit and only one medium suit was ready to go, so Koch will wear it on Friday. A third spacewalk scheduled for April 8 is tentatively set for McClain and Canadian Space Agency astronaut David Saint-Jacques. McClain had one more tweeted message for people who are bummed about the spacewalk adjustments: “Tune in — history is made every day up here!” 1:50 Sci-Tech Share your voice
BSE closes points 467.51 up on June 25K views00:00 / 00:00- 00:00:0000:00BSE closes points 467.51 up on June 25K viewsBusinessNew Delhi, June 2 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 467.51 points up to stand at 24,684.85. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 132.55 points up to stand at 7,362.50. Syndicate Bank and Reliance Capital Ltd. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 12.13% and 11.19% along with Central Bank and Max India with an increase of 11.05% and 11.02% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Gitanjali Gems and Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. with a decrease of 6.13% and 4.16% along with Pipavav Defence and TV18 Broadcast with a decrease of 3.40% and 3.13% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 207.09 points at 14,700.86 while the banking sector is up 556.58 points at 17,510.44 and the realty sector is up 27.02 points at 1,921.36. The Indian currency is up 0.08% at Rs 59.14 per dollar.Ventuno Web Player 4.50New Delhi, June 2 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 467.51 points up to stand at 24,684.85. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 132.55 points up to stand at 7,362.50. Syndicate Bank and Reliance Capital Ltd. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 12.13% and 11.19% along with Central Bank and Max India with an increase of 11.05% and 11.02% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Gitanjali Gems and Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. with a decrease of 6.13% and 4.16% along with Pipavav Defence and TV18 Broadcast with a decrease of 3.40% and 3.13% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 207.09 points at 14,700.86 while the banking sector is up 556.58 points at 17,510.44 and the realty sector is up 27.02 points at 1,921.36. The Indian currency is up 0.08% at Rs 59.14 per dollar.
email@example.com Dawn Simmons, owner and lead instructor at BLISS Driving Academy, LLC.When Dawn Simmons opened the BLISS Driving Academy last October, it was the culmination of a long search for the right outlet for her entrepreneurial energies. Fun and engaging classes are what set Bliss apart, says Simmons, who may have found her entrepreneurial niche with her driving school but remains engaged in a number of business and social endeavors.“I’ve always believed that training of any kind doesn’t have to be like watching paint dry,” Simmons told the AFRO about her approach to teaching driver’s education, in which she employs a conversational teaching style, with students and herself sharing their experiences.Simmons, who holds a master’s degree in Business Administration from Walden University, says she always knew that she had wanted to be self-employed, but that she took her time, exploring various ventures, before settling on opening a driving school. Opening BLISS, which stands for ‘Being Licensed, Insured, Safe & Secure,’ made sense in no small part because it guarantees a captive market.“It’s a requirement,” explained Simmons. “You can’t get a license in Baltimore—in Maryland—without going to driving school.”Simmons also works as a business consultant and a virtual assistant, sells hand painted glassware, as well as running a program in which she guides high school students with a business idea through the start-up process. She has also taken her hand painted glassware and turned it into a social event called ‘Sip and Stroke,’ in which folks gather at an establishment for wine and to paint their own glasses.“I know it sounds weird but when you hear the name it piques your interest,” said Simmons, ever aware of the importance of branding and marketing.“I’ve got a couple things pulling at me but it’s all worth it,” said Simmons. “If you look at anybody who has gone from zero to millions, they have multiple streams of income, so I’m following that blueprint.”Simmons says that her classes at BLISS are fairly evenly split between young adults just learning to drive and older residents who know how to drive but never received their licenses. The biggest challenge with the adults is getting them to break their bad habits, since many of the things experienced drivers do on a regular basis will cause you to fail a formal road test.With her younger students, the biggest challenge is getting parents to realize that driving school is just part of the learning process, not its entirety.“A lot of times what parents think is they come to driving school and they don’t have a responsibility to their child outside of driving school, not realizing that Maryland also requires 60 hours of additional driving outside of the classroom,” said Simmons, adding later, “the real practice comes in with the parent outside of driver’s ed.”The BLISS Driving Academy is located at 132 W 25th Street, and anyone interested in learning more can visit its website at www.blissdriving.com. Driver’s education is a prerequisite for receiving a license in the state and BLISS’s program consists of 10, three-hour sessions totaling the legally mandated 36 hours of classroom instruction.
Travelweek Group Share Tuesday, May 23, 2017 Posted by Horror in Manchester; 22 confirmed dead in terror attack Tags: Travel Alert With file from The Associated Press << Previous PostNext Post >> WASHINGTON — The United States’ top intelligence official says the U.S. government has not yet verified that the Islamic State group is responsible for the attack in Manchester, England Monday night, but called the deadly incident a reminder of how serious the terror threat remains.“This threat is real, it’s not going away, and it needs significant attention,”Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats said during testimony Tuesday before the Senate Armed Services Committee. Coats said the attack was carried out by a suicide bomber.Coats appeared before the panel following a suicide attack at an Ariana Grande show in England that left 22 people dead and dozens more wounded. The Islamic State claimed it was behind the attack. The Islamic State group said one of its members planted bombs in crowds at the concert. The group warned in a statement posted on social media that more attacks are to come.An 8-year-old girl was among the 22 confirmed dead – the youngest known victim – and the child’s mother and sister were among 59 people wounded in what British Prime Minister Theresa May called “a callous terrorist attack.”The wounded included 12 children under 16.More news: Visit Orlando unveils new travel trade tools & agent perks“We struggle to comprehend the warped and twisted mind that sees a room packed with young children not as a scene to cherish but as an opportunity for carnage,”May said as campaigning for Britain’s June 8 national election was suspended.May and police said the bomber died in the attack – something that went unmentioned in Islamic State’s claim of responsibility, which gave no name for the attacker. British police announced Tuesday they had arrested a 23-year-old man in connection with the bombing and raided two locations, carrying out a controlled explosion at one of them.May said authorities believe they have identified the attacker, but did not release his name. She said authorities were trying to determine if he had an accomplice.The attack was the deadliest in Britain since four suicide bombers killed 52 London commuters on subway trains and a bus in July 2005.Some concert-goers said security was haphazard before the show, with some people being searched and others allowed inside unhindered. The bombing took place at the end of the concert, when the audience was streaming toward the exits of Manchester Arena, one of the largest indoor concert venues in the world.More news: Can you guess the one and only hotel company to rank on Indeed’s Top Workplaces in Canada list?As police shut down public transport shut down, Manchester residents opened their hearts. Taxis offered to give stranded people free rides home while some residents opened their homes to provide lodging.Grande, who was not injured in the blast, tweeted hours later: “broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.”The U.N. Security Council has condemned “the atrocious terrorist attack perpetrated against young innocent people.”Uruguay’s U.N. Ambassador Elbio Rosselli, the current council president, delivered the condemnation at the start of a meeting Tuesday on chemical weapons in Syria and asked for a moment of silence.Britain’s queen also marked a moment of silence to honour the victims of the Manchester suicide bombing. Accompanied by her husband Prince Philip, her son Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, the queen , who was attending a garden party on palace grounds Tuesday afternoon, stood at the top of the steps leading down from Buckingham Palace. The national anthem was then played.