After considering the nominees of the President, the Constitutional Council decided that Jayantha Jayasuriya is the most suitable person for the job. The AG post has been left vacant following the retirement of Attorney General Yuwanjana Wanasundara.There had been concerns earlier that the Government will overlook Solicitor General Suhada Gamlath who was next in line to be the AG. The Constitutional Council has recommended that Senior Additional Solicitor General Jayantha Jayasuriya be appointed as the new Attorney General.The proposal was made when the Constitutional Council met with Speaker Karu Jayasuriya today. However the Government had said that the due process will be followed to select the new AG and that there will not be any interference. (Colombo Gazette) President Maithripala Sirisena had earlier nominated persons for the post of AG.
- Southland Gives Back: Sam Houston State
- Southeastern Louisiana’s Manzer, Nicholls’ Landry Named Softball Players of the Week
- MOTHER MOTHER, LADY NINJA & FLOR DE LA MAR ALL PROMINENT IN SUNDAY’S $75,000 KALOOKAN QUEEN STAKES AT 6 ½ FURLONGS
- Baffert Gets Win #3,000 As Thousand Words Takes Grade III, $100,000 Robert B. Lewis Stakes Three Quarters Of A Length; Ridden By Prat, Pioneerof The Nile Colt Gets 1 1/16 Miles In 1:43.64
- Benji Marshall out for six weeks