Thirty five Tamil Nadu fishermen were arrested and four boats seized by Sri Lankan Navy on Monday while they were fishing between Talaimannar and Dhanushkodi in the Palk Strait, the Press Trust of India reported.The Sri Lankan Navy arrested the fishermen for allegedly violating the International Maritime Boundary line, the sources said. The fishermen had been lodged in an army camp at Talaimannar in Sri Lanka, the sources said. As many as 106 fishermen from Rameswaram, Nagapattinam and Karaikal are in Sri Lankan prison for more than a month on charges of crossing the IMBL and fishing in the island nation’s territory.
- Southland Gives Back: Sam Houston State
- Southeastern Louisiana’s Manzer, Nicholls’ Landry Named Softball Players of the Week
- MOTHER MOTHER, LADY NINJA & FLOR DE LA MAR ALL PROMINENT IN SUNDAY’S $75,000 KALOOKAN QUEEN STAKES AT 6 ½ FURLONGS
- Baffert Gets Win #3,000 As Thousand Words Takes Grade III, $100,000 Robert B. Lewis Stakes Three Quarters Of A Length; Ridden By Prat, Pioneerof The Nile Colt Gets 1 1/16 Miles In 1:43.64
- Benji Marshall out for six weeks