BURBANK – A judge on Monday denied former “Baretta” star Robert Blake’s request for a new civil trial and upheld the $30 million wrongful-death judgment against him. Blake, who in March 2005 was acquitted of murdering his wife but was later found liable in civil court for her shooting death, had appealed the verdict, alleging juror misconduct. In a one-sentence ruling, Superior Court Judge David M. Schacter rejected the motion for a new trial, but gave no explanation. Blake’s attorneys said they intend to appeal. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl event“To me it is completely inexplicable based upon the record before the court,” said M. Gerald Schwartzbach, who defended Blake in his criminal trial and has rejoined his civil appeal. “We had documented, unrebutted, multiple incidences of egregious juror misconduct.” According to court documents, one juror declared before all the evidence had been presented that he believed Blake was responsible for his wife’s death. Another juror said the Bible supported holding people liable, and a third neglected to tell the defense she had a daughter in prison for murder, documents show. Defense attorneys also filed declarations stating that jurors had talked about the trials of O.J. Simpson and Michael Jackson, both of whom were acquitted of criminal charges. Blake, 72, was charged in the May 2001 shooting death of Bonny Lee Bakley, whom he had married six months prior after she became pregnant with his daughter, Rosie. Blake, who recently filed for bankruptcy, said he left Bakley in the car while he ran back to Vitello’s restaurant in Studio City to retrieve a handgun he carried for protection. When he returned, he found Bakley bleeding and slumped over. Eight months after he was acquitted, a Burbank civil jury voted 10-2 that Blake had “intentionally caused the death” of Bakley and ordered him to pay $30 million to her four adult children. “What the Blake lawyers tried to do is piece together a bunch of irrelevant, undisputed acts and label it misconduct,” said attorney Eric J. Dubin, who represents Bakley’s adult children. “There was no misconduct. The only argument was that they lost.” [email protected] (818) 713-3634160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!