WhatsApp Twitter Previous articleLimerick politicians accuse each other of speaking through their anatomiesNext articleAAA join the fight for ‘full equality’ in Limerick Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Print Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live TAGSCllr Daniel ButlerFine GaelHunt MuseumKrystian FikertlimerickMyMindMyMind Centre for Mental Wellbeing by Alan [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Krystian Fikert, MyMind, with Cllr Daniel Butler at the Hunt Museum for the first birthday of MyMind mental health service in Limerick.(Picture: Keith Wiseman)THE MyMind Centre for Mental Wellbeing has provided over 800 appointments to clients since opening its doors in Limerick last year.A not-for-profit provider of accessible mental health care in the community, MyMind is based at 66 O’Connell Street. In its first year, the Limerick hub has provided fast, affordable and accessible mental health services with 808 appointments recorded to date.Equipped with a team of psychotherapists and counsellors, MyMind provides counselling, wellbeing and psychotherapy services in more than ten languages either online, face-to-face or in the workplace.Charges are based upon employment status, allowing the unemployed or full-time students to access services at vastly reduced rates. In addition, revenue generated from full fee clients is reinvested, enabling MyMind to provide affordable services to all.New clients may self-refer and appointments are usually made within 72 hours of contact.“We are delighted to be celebrating our first year of providing high quality, low cost mental health care in Limerick, and are dedicated to growing and improving this service for many years to come,” said MyMind founder Krystian Fikert.“In Ireland, someone experiencing mental health issues may be faced with long waiting lists and costly private services. MyMind is working hard to fill this gap through a mental health service that is easily within everyone’s reach.”MyMind believes that early intervention is the most effective way to prevent mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and stress from turning into severe problems. By providing fast and easy access to services in the community, MyMind enables people to access supports for mental health problems early on.MyMind has impacted on more than 20,000 lives in Ireland since being set up in 2006.“Since we opened the Limerick centre , we have seen demand for our services grow rapidly, with more and more clients referring friends and family members to our centre. This shows just how much of a need there is for MyMind’s uniquely accessible service,” said Mr Fikert.Speaking at the MyMind’s first anniversary celebrations in the Hunt Museum this week, Fine Gael councillor Daniel Butler hailed the mental health service as a “great attribute” to the city. He praised the quality of its service and said that by being located in the heart of the city centre, it “challenges the stigma around mental health”.“The conversation about mental health is growing. We are getting better at talking about it. We have accumulated the language and we now need to accumulate the understanding to start bridging that gap,” Cllr Butler commented.For more details on MyMind log onto www.mymind.org. NewsLocal NewsMore than 800 appointments at Limerick mental heatlhcare centreBy Alan Jacques – April 30, 2015 699 Facebook Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories Email RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Advertisement
News UpdatesCOVID19- Draw Out A Definite Plan To Rehabilitate Migrated Workers: Madhya Pradesh High Court Directs State Govt. Sparsh Upadhyay5 Dec 2020 6:21 AMShare This – xThe Madhya Pradesh High Court on Friday (04th December) directed the Madhya Pradesh Government and its functionaries to draw out a definite plan to rehabilitate migrated workers, who returned to MP after being rendered jobless during pandemic COVID-19 outbreak. The Bench of Acting Chief Justice Sanjay Yadav and Vijay Kumar Shukla was hearing the plea filed by Social organisation…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginThe Madhya Pradesh High Court on Friday (04th December) directed the Madhya Pradesh Government and its functionaries to draw out a definite plan to rehabilitate migrated workers, who returned to MP after being rendered jobless during pandemic COVID-19 outbreak. The Bench of Acting Chief Justice Sanjay Yadav and Vijay Kumar Shukla was hearing the plea filed by Social organisation Bandhua Mukti Morcha concerning the difficulties faced by the labourers, who migrated from other states to MP during pandemic. The organisation sought a direction to the MP Government to grant relief to these labourers, who returned to MP after being rendered jobless during pandemic COVID-19 outbreak. In the reply filed by the State, it was submitted that about 740440 migrant labourers got registered during the pandemic and the Government has given employment to 44634 labourers. However, the Court was not satisfied by the chart produced by the State and its functionaries. Instead, the Court said that they are required to draw out a definite plan to rehabilitate these migrated labours so that they can earn their livelihood in their parent State. The Court directed the State to draw out a definite plan by next date along with status report qua other facilities which are being extended to the migrated labourers who have been identified for extending the benefit under respective schemes. The matter has been listed for further hearing in the week commencing 18.01.2021. Earlier in a momentous step, the Supreme Court (a Bench comprising of Justice Ashok Bhushan, S K Kaul and M R Shah) on 26th May took Suo Motu cognisance of the problems and miseries of migrant labourers who have been stranded in different parts of the country amid the Coronavirus-induced lockdown. Further, on 9th June the Supreme Court had passed a slew of directions and had asked all the States and UTs to identify stranded migrants and transport them back to native places On 12th May, the Gujarat High Court (a division bench comprising Justices J. B. Pardiwala and Ilesh J. Vora) had taken suo moto notice of the various news reports about the sufferings of migrant workers, daily wage earners and the poor people during the lockdown. It may be noted that considering the plight of migrant labourers who are without food, the Madras High Court in July 2020 had directed the State Government to provide ration supplies to migrant labourers, after satisfying that they are really migrant labourers, irrespective of whether they have ration cards or not. Significantly, the Central Government in September 2020 said in the Lok Sabha that it does not have any data on the number of migrants who died amid the Covid induced Lockdown. Three MPs— K. Navaskani, Suresh Narayan Dhanorkar and Adoor Prakash had asked whether the Government is aware that a number of migrant workers lost lives during their return to the hometown and if so, the details of the same, State-wise. Case title – Bandhua Mukti Morcha v. State Of Mp Through And Others [WP-7915-2020] Click Here To Download Order[Read Order]Subscribe to LiveLaw, enjoy Ad free version and other unlimited features, just INR 599 Click here to Subscribe. All payment options available.loading….Next Story
Comments are closed. Firms ignoring corporate code on governanceOn 7 Oct 2003 in Personnel Today Related posts:No related photos. Previous Article Next Article Almost a third of the UK’s top companies are not conforming to the newcombined code on corporate governance, according to a new report. The survey by Deloitte shows that 31 per cent of FTSE 350 companies arefailing to comply with a best practice proposal that requires at least halftheir board members to be independent non-executive directors (NEDs). Under the new code, which comes into force on 1 November and incorporatesthe recommendations on better corporate governance from Derek Higgs, companiesmust either comply with its requirements, or explain why they won’t. According to Deloitte, non-compliant businesses would have to appoint 126more NEDs to comply with the proposals, while a further 240 NEDs do not passthe independence criteria as they were appointed more than 10 years ago. Patricia Peter, corporate governance executive at the Institute ofDirectors, said the balance was moving in favour of independent NEDs, but thatthe process would take time. “The combined code never expected companies to make an immediate andwholesale change,” she said. “However, investors will not spend money with companies that choose toshow a blatant disregard for the code.” The report also shows that 30 per cent of FTSE 350 chairmen would fail theindependence tests, as they also act as executive directors. www.deloitte.co.uk
Visible spectra of the zenith-sky were recorded at Faraday in Antartica during 1990. Line-of-sight NO2 amounts were deduced by fitting laboratory cross-sections to the spectra. A new procedure was used to determine the offset to the zero of the measurement from the measurement series itself. This offset includes the effect of the reference spectrum—a single reference was used for the whole data set—plus any instrumental or analytic artefacts. It is important to determine this offset to the zero because it affects the absolute calibration of the zero of the vertical amount of NO2. In the new procedure, offsets were determined from fits to plots of the measured line-of-sight NO2 vs calculated air-mass factors, whose curvature had been precomputed from model predictions rather than the straight-line fits of Langley plots. The resulting vertical NO2 amounts were significantly lower than those deduced using a more subjective determination of offset, particularly in the early spring when denitrification might be expected.
Bill Harrison and Joy Tragardh celebrate their move to Halcyon Greens with Halcyon project director Scott Ng.Sick of paying soaring power prices, semi-retired couple Bill Harrison and Joy Tragardh have “gone off-grid”.The couple are among the first residents to move in to Australia’s first-ever over-50s golf and residential community, Halcyon Greens, part of a $250 million masterplanned development at Pimpama.As a house-warning gesture, the couple were driven to their new Tesla battery-powered home in the northern Gold Coast suburb in a Tesla Model S.“Buying a Tesla-operated home makes a lot of sense,” Mr Harrison said.“As we looked further into the cost and environmental benefits of a Tesla-powered home, it reinforced that we made the right decision and we’re very happy and excited about moving in.”Ms Tragardh said the fact they were also able to purchase a home in a community with no exit fees was a major drawcard.Their neighbour, Barry Dempsey, also did his research before buying his environmentally-friendly home with the aim of achieving a more cost-effective lifestyle.“It’s great to move into a new house with space,” he said, after living in a caravan on a mate’s property.“I knew I wanted to live in an eco-friendly home and was looking at solar and wind-powered technology before I discovered the Tesla-powered homes on offer at Halcyon, and I was sold.“Halcyon offered exactly what I was looking for all in one package, plus I’ll be living on a golf course. That’s the dream.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus1 day agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market1 day agoInterested in solar power? Take a look at Tesla’s tiny home:Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:49Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:49 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenTesla tiny home00:49The arrival of the first residents comes as Halcyon Greens, which is nestled next to the Gainsborough Greens golf course, opens its display village.The Halcyon Greens recreational area includes 2.4ha of parkland, clubhouse, outdoor and heated indoor pool, championship-size bowling green, floodlit tennis court, cinema, gym and dance studio, outdoor amphitheatre and walking trails.There is also an 18 hole golf course and residents have access to a work shed, herb and vegetable garden, rose garden and fruit orchard, as well as storage facilities for boats, golf buggies and caravans.Halcyon joint managing director Bevan Geissmann said the arrival of the first residents was a major milestone for Halcyon Greens – the developer’s seventh and largest project in southeast Queensland.He said the optional inclusion of Tesla technology had proven popular with buyers.“It’s proved to be a popular choice with purchasers who are very conscious of the financial and environmental implications of an innovative battery power system,” he said.Homes at Halcyon Greens also include features such as wider doorways and hobless shower stalls that make homes easier to enter, move around and to modify as a person’s mobility needs change.
Loading… Wells has netted 15 time for QPR this season, including 13 in the Championship. Burnley have exercised their option to curtail the loan agreement to re-evaluate his position atTurf Moor.Advertisement “Nahki is doing very well. We have the ability to get him back here,” Clarets boss Sean Dyche said last week. “I’ve spoken to (QPR boss) Mark Warburton and let him know the different options. Read Also:Ex-Man City winger Henri Ogunby joins Burnley “Over the last few days there has been a lot of interest in him – and rightly so because he isscoring goals in the Championship.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Burnley are preparing to sell Nakhi Wells. The Mirror says Wells has been recalled from his Queens Park Rangers loan spell.