Bread giant Warburtons has officially opened its new £20m sandwich alternatives plant in Burnley. It has the capacity to bake up to 34,000 wraps and thins products per hour and has been commissioned in response to increasing demand for innovative bakery products.Warburtons was the first to bring Sandwich Thins to the market in 2011 and also runs wraps and thins plants in Bristol and Bolton, producing nine million individual products each week. The Burnley plant is large enough to house another plant but it has not yet been decided what it will be utilised for.Brett Warburton, executive director at Warburtons, said: “We are truly proud to officially open our new Wraps and Thins plant at Burnley. Over the past decade, we have invested over £400 million in building new bakeries, refurbishing others and upgrading our distribution networks, and today’s opening clearly demonstrates our commitment to lead the way in innovation in the bakery category in order to meet changing consumer demand.“As a family business, we are able to take decisions for the long term and this investment in Burnley reflects our commitment to the site, while also demonstrating our continued ambition for future growth.”Warburtons operates 12 bakeries and 14 depots across the country and employs 4,500 people, producing more than two million products every day.It was recently named the UK’s most-chosen FMCG brand by Kantar Worldpanel.
NZ Herald 28 March 2014Voters are evenly split over Labour’s promise to pay most parents of newborns $60 a week for a year according to the latest Herald-DigiPoll survey.In the survey taken this month, 47 per cent said they supported the policy for families earning less than $150,000 while 49 per cent did not. Surprisingly, support was higher among males – 51 per cent supported it compared to 43 per cent of women.Labour leader David Cunliffe announced the policy for families earning less than $150,000 a year as the centrepiece of his state-of-the-nation address in January.But controversy followed because he did not mention parents on paid parental leave would not qualify until those entitlements ended.The policy is expected to cost about $270 million a year once fully implemented. Labour has estimated about 59,000 households will benefit from the payment in a baby’s first year.About 63,000 families earning less than about $80,000 will continue to receive some level of payment for a further two years at abated rates.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11227709
Two women were scheduled to walk in space earlier in the year but there was only one medium-sized spacesuit on board the ISS that would fit. Two women are outside the International Space Station right now for the first all-female spacewalk.Koch and Jessica Meir will replace faulty batteries and upgrade the space station’s power system.This is Koch’s fourth spacewalk, but it’s Meir’s first. The spacewalk began at 7:30 Eastern Time.The spacewalk is likely to take around five-and-a-half hours.
A 43-year-old Florida woman was arrested Sunday after she reportedly opened fire on police officers during a vehicle chase.The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office says they attempted to perform a traffic stop on the suspect Rachel Baggs, after they realized that the woman was driving a stolen vehicle.Instead of pulling over for police, Baggs attempted to flee the scene. The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office pursued Baggs into Marion County territory where they then alerted officials about the situation.Marion County officials then took over the chase, however, Baggs became more aggressive. At some point during the chase, the 48-year-old bailed from the stolen Ford F-150 and fired at pursuing officers while she was on foot. At least one bullet struck the door of the patrol car, however, the officer was not injured.As authorities continued searching for Baggs they received a call from another woman stating that there was a woman hiding under her porch.When authorities arrived to the home, they found Baggs under the porch.Baggs has since been arrested and faces two counts of aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer, use of a firearm during the commission of a felony, fleeing and eluding law enforcement at a high speed, and resisting arrest without violence.
The 2020 presidential election will surely be hotly contested but, another race is also getting national attention…the battle for Broward County Sheriff.Current Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony was appointed by Governor Ron DeSantis and former Sheriff Scott Israel was suspended by him.Both are running for Broward Sheriff in 2020.Sheriff Tony announced his candidacy earlier this week and the Florida Senate just voted to uphold Governor Ron DeSantis’ suspension of Israel for his handling of two mass shootings in Broward.Israel who was elected Broward sheriff in 2012 and 2016 calls his suspension political.Listen to 850WFTL’s exclusive interviews with both candidates here. https://www.850wftl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/2020-Sheriff-Race-Israel-vs-Tony.mp3
A former West Palm Beach employee could be receiving a whopping $180,000 from the city as part of a settlement in connection to a graphic image and her recent firing.Former city employee Sharagay Esposito is said to have received a picture of graphic nature and was fired on Oct. 4. for unrelated reasons.She worked for the city since 2000 and reportedly showed the graphic image during her termination hearing.Mayor Keith James said once he heard about the scandalous image from then-Assistant City Administrator Faye Johnson, he asked for the resignation of City Administrator Jeff Green.Mayor James told WPTV that he had evidence that “a very graphic text was sent and that Green was in the text chain.”However, city officials have not disclosed who sent the picture.The settlement has been placed on the city’s agenda for approval, which is set for Monday.Mayor James broke the news about the settlement to city commissioners during a commissioner meeting on Nov. 4.He said he was unable to disclose the situation sooner because it had “quickly escalated into a sensitive legal matter”The settlement was an effort to spare the city an expensive lawsuit by Espositio, James added.City Commissioner Richard Ryles said the settlement and the allegations around it had taken him by complete surprise.Ryles stressed the high cost of the settlement, saying that “in his 30 years of being an attorney he had never seen a municipality settle a pre-suit for “that much money.”Ryles is asking for more information before approving the settlement.
On February 7th the family held a private funeral at Pacific View Memorial Park in Corona Del Mar.A public memorial has been scheduled for Bryant and Gigi at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles on Feb. 24. Kobe’s wife shared a Instagram post expressing the significant meaning to the date of their public memorial: “ #2 , #24 , #20 years as a Laker and the amount of years Kob and I were together,”Gigi wore the number two on her team at the time of her death, Kobe wore the number 24 in his final years as a Los Angeles Lakers star. Basketball legend Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna “Gigi” Bryant were laid to rest near their Orange County home last week, according to multiple reports.Bryant, 41, his daughter, 13, and seven others were killed in a helicopter crash on January 26th.UPDATED: Former NBA Star Kobe Bryant Dies in CA Helicopter Crash
Imagine going into a hospital for a checkup after getting headaches, only to find out there is a bullet in your head!That is exactly what happened to a woman who had been complaining of headaches and was taken to the hospital where, her wife said, doctors found a bullet in her head days after she was hurt in a drive-by shooting in Southwest Miami-Dade.According to Miami-Dade Police, Shakena Jefferson, 42, was grazed by a bullet after a drive-by shooting took place near her home on Tuesday.Officials say doctors did an X-ray on her head, and found a bullet inside. Jefferson was treated for her wound and had to undergo a surgery to have the bullet removed.She is expected to recover.
Dan Tishman (left) and Oscar Soule in conversation on the Evergreen campus during the alumni reunion, ‘Return to Evergreen’ on Saturday, May 19, 2012. Photo by Shauna Bittle, Evergreen Photo Services 2012Low-income Evergreen students studying sustainability, nature conservation or business will soon get some extra help from high-level sources. A $500,000 pledge from the Dan and Sheryl Tishman Family Foundation, along with a matching grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, will be used by The Evergreen State College Foundation to create a new $1 million scholarship fund. The fund will support up to 25 students annually.Dan Tishman, who graduated from Evergreen in 1977, is chairman and CEO of Tishman Construction, one of New York City’s top building companies. Responsible for rebuilding the World Trade Center complex after the attacks of 9/11, Tishman Construction is also noted for environmentally friendly buildings throughout the city. Tishman is also chairman of the Board of the Natural Resources Defense Council, one of the world’s leading environmental advocacy organizations.“Sheryl and I are so pleased that this pledge will create opportunities for Evergreen students for years to come. We are true believers in the value of education and hope that this scholarship program will make a difference in many, many lives,” said Tishman.“I am especially proud to make this investment to support students at my alma mater, Evergreen, a college that allowed me to explore my passion for sustainability and nature conservation, which ultimately developed into a lifelong commitment,” he said.Les Purce, president of The Evergreen State College, sees the Tishman and Gates Foundation gifts as directly supporting Evergreen’s commitment to college access. “The investment by the Tishman Family Foundation, along with the matching Gates Foundation grant, will support students from the widest range of backgrounds in completing their degrees today, tomorrow and long into the future.”Submitted by The Evergreen State College Facebook0Tweet0Pin0
Advertisement 5gxw1NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsyr8Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E2jbq( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) u19yWould you ever consider trying this?😱nyeCan your students do this? 🌚9qm348Roller skating! Powered by Firework In the modern era of social media and crazy football transfer stories, a perfect juxtaposition of the two aspects were manifested in FC Braga’s latest signing announcement.Advertisement Rui Fonte, the brother of more popular Jose Fonte returned to homeland club Braga in Portugal. After decent spells in Fulham and Lille, teh 29 year old right winger chose to return back home for his conclusive days in professional football.Advertisement His signing announcement is perhaps one of the best transfer announcement videos in the recent years and offers a highly refreshing take to a player returning back home.Right out of the 90’s , Braga have culminated the popular TV show FRIENDS’ theme song with the signing footage.Rui Fonte is definitely cherished in his hometown! They’ll be there for each other , even when the rain starts to pour. Advertisement