More than 800 appointments at Limerick mental heatlhcare centre

first_imgWhatsApp Twitter Previous articleLimerick politicians accuse each other of speaking through their anatomiesNext articleAAA join the fight for ‘full equality’ in Limerick Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Print Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live TAGSCllr Daniel ButlerFine GaelHunt MuseumKrystian FikertlimerickMyMindMyMind Centre for Mental Wellbeing by Alan [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Krystian Fikert, MyMind, with Cllr Daniel Butler at the Hunt Museum for the first birthday of MyMind mental health service in Limerick.(Picture: Keith Wiseman)THE MyMind Centre for Mental Wellbeing has provided over 800 appointments to clients since opening its doors in Limerick last year.A not-for-profit provider of accessible mental health care in the community, MyMind is based at 66 O’Connell Street. In its first year, the Limerick hub has provided fast, affordable and accessible mental health services with 808 appointments recorded to date.Equipped with a team of psychotherapists and counsellors, MyMind provides counselling, wellbeing and psychotherapy services in more than ten languages either online, face-to-face or in the workplace.Charges are based upon employment status, allowing the unemployed or full-time students to access services at vastly reduced rates. In addition, revenue generated from full fee clients is reinvested, enabling MyMind to provide affordable services to all.New clients may self-refer and appointments are usually made within 72 hours of contact.“We are delighted to be celebrating our first year of providing high quality, low cost mental health care in Limerick, and are dedicated to growing and improving this service for many years to come,” said MyMind founder Krystian Fikert.“In Ireland, someone experiencing mental health issues may be faced with long waiting lists and costly private services. MyMind is working hard to fill this gap through a mental health service that is easily within everyone’s reach.”MyMind believes that early intervention is the most effective way to prevent mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and stress from turning into severe problems. By providing fast and easy access to services in the community, MyMind enables people to access supports for mental health problems early on.MyMind has impacted on more than 20,000 lives in Ireland since being set up in 2006.“Since we opened the Limerick centre , we have seen demand for our services grow rapidly, with more and more clients referring friends and family members to our centre. This shows just how much of a need there is for MyMind’s uniquely accessible service,” said Mr Fikert.Speaking at the MyMind’s first anniversary celebrations in the Hunt Museum this week, Fine Gael councillor Daniel Butler hailed the mental health service as a “great attribute” to the city. He praised the quality of its service and said that by being located in the heart of the city centre, it “challenges the stigma around mental health”.“The conversation about mental health is growing. We are getting better at talking about it. We have accumulated the language and we now need to accumulate the understanding to start bridging that gap,” Cllr Butler commented.For more details on MyMind log onto www.mymind.org.center_img NewsLocal NewsMore than 800 appointments at Limerick mental heatlhcare centreBy Alan Jacques – April 30, 2015 699 Facebook Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories Email RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Advertisementlast_img read more

GSOC queried categorisation of complaint against Garda Whistleblower Keith Harrison

first_img Pinterest Previous articleMurlog Water Main Replacement Project to commence in coming weeksNext articleEU Commission wants all-island agri deal post brexit News Highland RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR By News Highland – October 4, 2017 Google+ News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th WhatsApp Twitter Facebook Google+ Twitter DL Debate – 24/05/21 center_img Pinterest Homepage BannerNews WhatsApp GSOC queried categorisation of complaint against Garda Whistleblower Keith Harrison Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty Harps come back to win in Waterford Facebook Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic A senior gardaí decision to categorise a domestic disturbance complaint against a Donegal Garda whistleblower as an incident causing serious harm or death was later questioned by the Garda Ombudsman.The October 2013 complaint by Marisa Simms against her partner Garda Keith Harrison included allegations that he had threatened to “burn her” and “bury her”.Superintendent Eugene McGovern has told the Charleton Tribunal that he regarded the complaint as serious enough to warrant referral to GSOC under a provision relating to incidents where a garda has caused serious harm or death.Superintendent McGovern was officer in charge in Milford when the complaint against Garda Keith Harrison was referred to GSOC.On 6 October 2013 Ms Simms made a statement to Inspector Goretti Sheridan which included allegations that Garda Harrison had threatened to “burn her” and “bury her”.Following the statement from Ms Simms, a garda conference attended by several senior officers in the Donegal division was held.Superintendent McGovern said the only question at the meeting was whether the referral would be under Section 85 or Section 102. The latter type is made in cases were a Garda has been involved in an incident causing serious harm or death.He said that as far as he was concerned serious harm had been caused to Ms Simms “from an emotional and psychological point of view” and the decision was made to make a section 102 referral to GSOC.Superintendent McGovern testified that he was later contacted by Darren Wright, a Senior Investigating Officer with GSOC, who told him the complaint might not be a Section 102 referral.Ms Simms later informed GSOC in writing that she did not wish to make a complaint, and later withdrew her statement to Gardai.The Disclosures Tribunal is examining contacts between senior gardai and Tusla about Garda Harrison. Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population growslast_img read more