More than 800 appointments at Limerick mental heatlhcare centre

first_imgWhatsApp Twitter Previous articleLimerick politicians accuse each other of speaking through their anatomiesNext articleAAA join the fight for ‘full equality’ in Limerick Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Print Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live TAGSCllr Daniel ButlerFine GaelHunt MuseumKrystian FikertlimerickMyMindMyMind Centre for Mental Wellbeing by Alan [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Krystian Fikert, MyMind, with Cllr Daniel Butler at the Hunt Museum for the first birthday of MyMind mental health service in Limerick.(Picture: Keith Wiseman)THE MyMind Centre for Mental Wellbeing has provided over 800 appointments to clients since opening its doors in Limerick last year.A not-for-profit provider of accessible mental health care in the community, MyMind is based at 66 O’Connell Street. In its first year, the Limerick hub has provided fast, affordable and accessible mental health services with 808 appointments recorded to date.Equipped with a team of psychotherapists and counsellors, MyMind provides counselling, wellbeing and psychotherapy services in more than ten languages either online, face-to-face or in the workplace.Charges are based upon employment status, allowing the unemployed or full-time students to access services at vastly reduced rates. In addition, revenue generated from full fee clients is reinvested, enabling MyMind to provide affordable services to all.New clients may self-refer and appointments are usually made within 72 hours of contact.“We are delighted to be celebrating our first year of providing high quality, low cost mental health care in Limerick, and are dedicated to growing and improving this service for many years to come,” said MyMind founder Krystian Fikert.“In Ireland, someone experiencing mental health issues may be faced with long waiting lists and costly private services. MyMind is working hard to fill this gap through a mental health service that is easily within everyone’s reach.”MyMind believes that early intervention is the most effective way to prevent mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and stress from turning into severe problems. By providing fast and easy access to services in the community, MyMind enables people to access supports for mental health problems early on.MyMind has impacted on more than 20,000 lives in Ireland since being set up in 2006.“Since we opened the Limerick centre , we have seen demand for our services grow rapidly, with more and more clients referring friends and family members to our centre. This shows just how much of a need there is for MyMind’s uniquely accessible service,” said Mr Fikert.Speaking at the MyMind’s first anniversary celebrations in the Hunt Museum this week, Fine Gael councillor Daniel Butler hailed the mental health service as a “great attribute” to the city. He praised the quality of its service and said that by being located in the heart of the city centre, it “challenges the stigma around mental health”.“The conversation about mental health is growing. We are getting better at talking about it. We have accumulated the language and we now need to accumulate the understanding to start bridging that gap,” Cllr Butler commented.For more details on MyMind log onto www.mymind.org.center_img NewsLocal NewsMore than 800 appointments at Limerick mental heatlhcare centreBy Alan Jacques – April 30, 2015 699 Facebook Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories Email RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Linkedin Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Advertisementlast_img read more

Ainsleys name survives as Country Style buys bakery

first_imgCraft bakery chain Ainsleys has been broken up and sold off to various buyers, with Country Style Foods acquiring the company’s central bakery and trading name, and Cooplands (Doncaster) and Coopland & Son (Scarborough) sharing most of the retail outlets.The majority of the 285 jobs at the Leeds-based company, which went into administration in November, have been saved in the package of deals that also saw administrator Grant Thornton sell Ainsleys’ sandwich van business to AW Food Services.Leeds-based in-store bakery and bake-off specialist Country Style Foods said it planned to develop Ainsleys’ 45,000sq ft bakery in Sheepscar and expand sales of Ainsleys-branded baked goods with specialist retailers and supermarkets. James Ainsley, general manager of Ainsleys, has joined Country Style, bringing experience of dealing with the multiple retailers from working at Waitrose and Marks & Spencer.”Ainsleys is very close to us [in Leeds] and we are overflowing in our bakery. We want to use the company’s skilled workforce to develop the Ainsleys brand to a wider field and take it more mainstream,” Country Style chairman Tony Wood told British Baker.Country Style already operates five production sites in Leeds, Stockton, Grimsby, Peterlee and Flint producing speciality breads, pastries, desserts and confectionery.As reported exclusively in British Baker last month, the majority of Ainsleys’ shops have been bought by Cooplands (Doncaster) and Coopland & Son (Scarborough). Each company has bought 10 stores and will rebrand them this month. Ainsleys’ remaining nine stores are expected to be sold off to various local buyers soon.The deal takes Coopland of Scarborough’s retail estate to 93 stores. The stores bought by Cooplands (Doncaster), in and around Leeds city centre, have a turnover of over £2.6m and take the firm’s estate to 86 shops.last_img read more

Syracuse misses out on bye with 2-0 loss to Robert Morris

first_img Published on February 29, 2020 at 12:19 am Contact Will: [email protected] In the final moments of the third period, Syracuse played desperately. Down one and needing a win, the Orange pulled junior goalie Allison Small to try to tie and send the game to overtime. With 30 seconds left on the clock, Anonda Hoppner handled the puck behind her empty net and sent it up the boards, looking to start an offensive push. However, the puck took an unusual carom off the boards and landed right on the stick of Robert Morris forward Jaycee Gebhard, who promptly sealed the game with an empty-netter.After losing two-straight games to Mercyhurst last weekend, Syracuse needed a win to have a chance at clinching a first-round bye at next week’s College Hockey America tournament. But the Colonials (19-10-4, 13-4-2 CHA) bested the Orange (12-19-2, 10-7-2) 2-0, handing Syracuse its third-straight loss and securing the third seed for SU.Friday was a highly physical and fast-paced contest. At several points during the game, fights broke out in front of the nets. With 8:15 left in the first period, Syracuse freshman Brynn Koocher chased the puck behind the Robert Morris goal but unintentionally collided with Colonial forward Kyleigh Hanzlik, sending them both to the ice. As the two of them started to get up, Hanzlik gave Koocher a quick right jab to the cage of her helmet before skating off.“It was definitely a really physical game tonight,” said Koocher. “But those are honestly my favorite kind of games. It just sort of gets everyone pumped up.”Later in the game, Koocher would also find herself being checked into the boards with 90 seconds remaining in the second, her arms outstretched as she looked for a penalty call. With seven minutes remaining in the third, Koocher was tripped by Syracuse-native Emilie Harley, sending her careening into the goal, dislodging it.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe only goal of the game before Gebhard’s empty-netter came off the stick of Hanzlik at the halfway point of the game in the second period. Robert Morris managed to keep the puck in the Syracuse zone due to a strong forechecking effort. The Wisconsin transfer then took a pass off the boards and sent the puck past the right ear of Small. Despite the deficit on the scoreboard, senior defender Lindsay Eastwood said Syracuse did an effective job neutralizing the Colonials odd-man rush and aggressively backchecking. The Orange defense held Robert Morris to only 19 shots on goal, while the Orange put 38 shots on Raygan Kirk — without results — as the freshman recorded her fourth shutout of the season.Had Syracuse won both Friday and Saturday’s games, the Orange would have clinched the number two seed in the tournament, giving them an extra rest day once they got to Buffalo.Syracuse will now have to face last place Lindenwood in their Thursday opener. Lindenwood is the only team in the CHA Syracuse has not lost to, and the Lions only have seven total points in conference play all season. Despite that, Lindenwood is capable of beating teams above their caliber, as they took down conference leader Mercyhurst 3-2 on Feb. 7.Syracuse will now have to repeat last year’s playoff effort, where the third-ranked Orange beat Lindenwood, Robert Morris and Mercyhurst to win the CHA title. Although the Orange have had trouble coming away with wins lately, head coach Paul Flanagan is confident his team can make another run. “Our kids at least know how to prepare because they’ve done it,” Flanagan said. “That’s an advantage for us, knowing how to prepare physically and mentally to play three games in three days next week.” Comments Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

More resources deployed to York Landing to search for Northern B.C. homicide suspects

first_imgYORK LANDING, M.B. – The RCMP are sending all possible resources to the small community of York Landing after two individuals matching the description of the suspects were seen near the community on Sunday.York Landing is approximately 200 km southwest of Gillam, and the RCMP has sent resources to the community to investigate a tip.Situation is ongoing. All possible RCMP resources continue to be used in the area of York Landing to safely apprehend two individuals matching the description of the suspects. #rcmpmb— RCMP Manitoba (@rcmpmb) July 29, 2019- Advertisement -The tip came from the members of the Bear Clan Patrol in York Landing.  The group had been patrolling the community when they noticed two men matching the description of Kam McLeod and Bryer Schemeglsky.  The two men immediately ran back into the bush.  The Bear Clan Patrol immediately shared the information with the RCMP and resources were dispatched to the area.The Globe and Mail spoke with Travis Bighetty, a coordinator of Bear Clan, who said they saw the two men at the dump.  In an interview with the Globe, Bighetty said one suspect was wearing a grey sweatshirt, and the other was in camouflage.  “We’ve seen them in an area that is not frequented because there are bears in the territory or bears near the area, and so people avoid on foot, and it’s only accessible by vehicle.”Advertisement Mr. Bighetti said police radios weren’t working, so RCMP officers used gunfire as a means of communicating their location.Spoke w/James Favel of Bear Clan Patrol by phone. Says Travis, Danielle & Justin in York Factory patrolling as requested by AMC. Spotted two men near dump, they took off. Police called. Says Travis is calm about the hole thing. RCMP in area now. #canadianmanhunt @GlobalNational— Crystal Goomansingh (@cgoomansingh) July 29, 2019Chief Leroy Constant of the York Factory First Nation shared on Sunday that residents should remain indoors with windows and doors locked. Patrols of the community will be done on a 24-hour basis.Advertisement On Sunday the RCMP said they had received over 200 tips in the search for Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky.  This could be the first confirmed sighting of the suspects since last week when their vehicle was found burnt near Gillam.last_img read more