Chatter app lets celebs auction FaceTime chats for charity

first_imgChatter app lets celebs auction FaceTime chats for charity Advertisement An app that offers people the chance to FaceTime with celebrities to raise funds for charity has launched in the US and is looking to partner with charities in the UK. Chatter launched in the States earlier this year, and celebrities currently involved include Leonardo DiCaprio, Drake and Shaquille O’Neal.The app lets celebrities auction five minutes of one-to-one FaceTime with them for a charity of their choice. To talk to a celebrity one-to-one for five minutes, people can either enter a draw by buying a raffle ticket for $1 with one person chosen at random to win the chat, or bid auction-style, with the highest bidder winning the FaceTime chat.The app can be downloaded free from the Apple App Store, and UK charities interested in partnering with Chatter should contact Pasha King at [email protected]  181 total views,  5 views today Melanie May | 5 October 2016 | News Tagged with: app Celebrity Fundraising ideascenter_img AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis12 About Melanie May Melanie May is a journalist and copywriter specialising in writing both for and about the charity and marketing services sectors since 2001. She can be reached via www.thepurplepim.com.  182 total views,  6 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis12last_img read more

Late appeal lodged against return of Corbett children to Ireland

first_imgJason Corbett killers, Molly and Tom Martens may be freed on bail tomorrow as they consider manslaughter plea bargain deal Family of Jason Corbett “devastated” after receiving “bombshell” news his killers will get bail after being offered “manslaughter” plea deal Advertisement Facebook Email Twitter Brother of slain Jason Corbett writes to US President expressing “dismay” at DA’s plea bargain offer to killers WhatsApp Linkedin Printcenter_img Previous articlePatrickswell to benefit from renewal schemeNext articleEclectic live programme for Lime Tree venues Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie TAGSfeaturedjack and sarahJason Corbett No vaccines in Limerick yet RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Andrew [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up HAVING left the US courtroom in tears following the decision of Judge April Woods to dissolve proceedings, Molly Martens, the stepmother of the Jack and Sarah Corbett has lodged a late appeal against the return of the children to Ireland.On Tuesday night last having been awarded guardianship of the two children by Clerk for the Davidson County Superior Court, Tracey and David Lynch went to court on Thursday for what was to be confirmation of the earlier decision.Judge April Woods dissolved the cases of Molly Martens paving the way for Tracey and David to return home to Ireland with the two children of Jason Corbett who was killed in his home on August 2 last.Molly Martens and her father, retired FBI agent Thomas Martens are described by police as “persons of interest” in the case as Mr Corbett was killed following a blow to the head in “domestic disturbance”. It later was filed by police as an assault and Mr Martens who alerted the emergency services said he was in an argument with his son in law and hit him with a baseball bat.Leaving court on Thursday, Ms Martens was said to be in floods of tears and in another late development, her legal team filed an appeal on the decision of the court.However, in this tragic twist, the Corbett family were only informed of the development on Friday morning.John Corbett, Jason’s brother, who was speaking on Limerick’s Live95fm, said the decision to appeal is very calculating,“It just shows you the pure callousness and coldness of the Martens family, especially Molly Martens in this desperate attempt to try and prevent my brother’s children to return to their true family because a senior family court judge decided that the long term future and care of Sarah and Jack would be the most beneficial with his true family in Ireland”.He said the latest actions were “cruel”, and that Ms Marten should not have taken it this far.John Corbett claimed that there is only one reason why Molly Martens has lodged the appeal.“The only reason, the whole family feels, that Molly Martens is desperately trying to get custody of my nephew and niece is because there is a possible pending criminal prosecution against her and other members of her family for the murder of my brother.“It’s a very very sinister agenda indeed.”The appeal goes against the comments of the Clerk of the superior court whose decision is below.The Corbett family have now been put on hold again from returning to Ireland to bury their brother and the family are said to be again traumatised on this latest twist. Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April NewsBreaking newsLate appeal lodged against return of Corbett children to IrelandBy Staff Reporter – August 21, 2015 1379 Shannondoc operating but only by appointmentlast_img read more